A complete introduction to shooting, processing and rendering time-lapse movies with a DSLR camera.
The guide covers the art and science of time-lapse photography and contains both detailed explanations and immediately actionable summaries in a colourful easy to understand and fun to read package. The book contains tons of photographs and diagrams (over 350) as well as printable summaries and checklists.
The book also walks through three separate rendering workflows that touch different ends of the cost (both free and not so free), functionality and time-to-learn spectrum.
The book covers the start to end of time-lapse photography including:
- Timelapse gear from basic to advanced, including tripods, intervalometers, DSLR cameras and lenses
- Balancing time-lapse image settings
- Shooting time-lapse, including composition and exposure
- Preventing timelapse flicker
- Creating the time-lapse movie, including codecs and frame rates, software workflows and walkthroughs
- Time-lapse challenges including Astrophotography timelapse, flicker free day to night time-lapses, HDR timelapses and time-lapse motion control devices
The 146 page e-book is only $14.99!
I’ve done a review of the book on IceInSpace: Review – Time-Lapse Photography : A Complete Introduction.
Note: This is an affiliate link. Clicking ‘Buy’ will take you to Ryan Chylinski’s site where you click through to pay for and download the book.
I’ve created a few timelapse movies already and thought I was already reasonably confident in the workflow and techniques, but Ryan’s book taught me some things that I’m keen to put into action as soon as I can get outside with the camera again.
A must-read for both beginners and experienced photographers who want to add that extra dimension of motion to their photography.
The book is available as an instant download after purchasing. It can be read as a PDF on the computer or tablet, or imported and read via iBooks, Kindle etc.